6.06.2009

Laundry

Question: Does anyone know how to get gum out of jeans and dress pants? Yes that's right, not just a piece of gum a WHOLE PACK of gum.

This is the second time in one month that my sweet hubby has forgot to clear his pockets. First chap stick which you can't get out a shirts, but I can replace the shirts. Now 2 weeks later gum. Of course it had to happen when my most expensive pair of jeans were in the wash. All I can do is laugh now and try to figure out how to save 4 pairs of dress pants and my fav pair of jeans..

6 comments:

Ashley and Dave said...

that just sucks.

The Cooks said...

yes it does!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

ohhh rach!! such a bummer! try goo gone and then dishwashing soap. hand dishwashing soap like dawn will get oily spots out... just don't use dishwasher soap or it will bleach it! i made that mistake, oops!

Amber said...

you get an ice cube and rub it over the gum lots and lots until it comes off. it works i swear. i got gum out of broc's pants doing that!

Nat and Jordy said...

Hi honey! I am so sorry that you were sick on Saturday! We definitely missed you! Your blog is darling! We need to play soon!!

Sorry about the gum! Try putting his pants in the freezer until the gum is frozen and it should make it easier to get off. :-)

XOXO

Leishman Family said...

Shampoo even gets out oily spots on clothes... and like Amber said the ice cube trick works wonders. Ya I know Andrea lives down here, I haven't ran into her tho... I've just been super busy. I bet she loves the weather down here! Jed and I are movin up to SLC in a couple of months... any ideas of where to find a nice place to live?