12.15.2008

Weird Animals!

Tyler and I have had our fair share of helping animals this year! Although we couldn't be happier with our baby Bella. As you can tell (we blog a lot about her) that's what happens when you don't have kids. The picture is so funny, you can see that she really pouts when she doesn't get her way. She was so mad that she had to pose with a hat and bells. But she looked so cute!
Then last week I come home from work and Tyler tells me that there is some animal out on our porch. Me being the animal lover I head out there and find a scared, cold ferret. So I get the dog kennel and slowly convince it to go in. I bring it inside, give it water and food. Long story, im going door to door trying to find out who has lost their pet. No one claims it so the next morning Ty and I took it into the Animal Shelter. They could not believe it, they start questioning us about if we touched it, if it bit us, if the dog touched it. Then they tell us its a mink, and minks carry diseases and rabies. NICE! Good thing it didn't bite me. I thought it was cute and wanted to hold it. So that was that. We can't wait to see what happens next....



6 comments:

Amber said...

i'm glad you didn't get bit either. That wouldnt have been very fun. i'm surpised it went into the kennel! maybe we could do dinner while you are here?? we won't bring the kids don't worry;)

See you soon!

snow family said...

Hey Rachel... this is Rachael (Peterson). I saw your blog and just wanted to say "hi"! I know its been forever. Your wedding pics are gorgeous! Congrats!

emily said...

oh, i think i might have done the same thing - i have been know to rescue cats (which can give me asthma something pretty fierce) and a ferret seems like it'd be so cute and helpless looking...haha. now i've been informed though I guess I might have to think twice. BTW - sometime, somehow I would like to get some teacher opinon/advice from you.

Beth and Shilo said...

WHAT?!?!?

I am DYING laughing right now. That is one of the funniest stories I have heard all year. A mink?!? I can just picture the faces of the people at the kennel.

Lehi has soo many of those mink farms all over. We have like three of them within 5 miles of our house. I have to admit I have never seen a mink before, so I guess I could of made the same mistake. Now I know what they look like.

What ended up happening with the mink???

Wright Life said...

I can't believe that! You are so nice to rescue animals. How could anyone resist a cute little fuzy face like that! I love the elf video of you guys too, so fuuny. The dog totally cracked me up.

The Johnson Journey said...

Oh my gosh Rachel! That's hilarious! A mink. I would have the same thing. I am a sucker for stray animals. :)