5.12.2012

Mothers

MY MOM
 My mom is a woman of courage and strength, love, forgiveness, and a drive to succeeded in everything and a want to please everyone! She has been a rock for our family through the hard times and the good, she is the one to keep her head up and keep going. She grew up with 4 tough brothers and a Greek mother so I don't question where she gets her strength from. :) In her life so far she has lost 2 of those brothers, and a sister in law. I can't imagine losing even one sibling!  I also know that she gets her strength from the lord. My mom has always taught and been a great example of turning to the lord and relying on him for strength. She has shown her children how to love, how to put your family first, how no matter what happens she loves us, she supports us, and she is there for us.  There were times that I didn't always agree with her, I didn't understand why, now looking back on those times and having my own daughter; I get it! I get WHY I understand that every time I hurt she hurt too. Every break up I had she had too, every time I moved (we all know that was A LOT) she was worried hoping that I was going to be ok.  Your amazing mom!
She is the worlds best grandma! As you can tell by the pictures, she is always surrounded by her grand kids. They love her! Molly has had a special relationship with her Nana since she was born, my mom was her to welcome Molly to this earth and then spent the next week with us making sure we were ok.  Having her here that week meant the world to me! She only had a 3-4 day break from staying with Andrea after she had Austin. But she was energized, excited, and more than willing to come and take care of my family for a week.
 Mom, you have taught me many lessons in my life and I know you will teach me many more. For that I thank you. Thank you for being my mom and my friend. LOVE YOU




1 comments:

Tammy Ferney said...

This was the most special post Rachel. I also love what you wrote about Leslie and your sisters. It is an honor and a privilege to be your mother.