1.05.2009

Grandma....

This morning my family lost a loving member of our family. My Grandma passed away today, a little unexpected. Either way its not easy. She was one amzaing woman, who never left the house without looking like a million bucks and a smile on her face. Jacquie Ferney was a beautiful woman with class, style, and a great love for her family. It's been fun thinking back of all the memories we had with her, from braiding our hair and singing songs, rubbing us in our beds to help us warm up, to holding her hand, rubbing her back, and helping her out. I wasn't able to say good bye, but maybe its easier not seeing her in bad condition. My sweet sister Andrea was able to be with her as she passed, no suffering, just an easy transition.Im anxiously awaiting to go home and be with my family tomorrow.It hasn't been easy not being there. Funerals are not a fun thing to go home to, but it does help you gain a better prespective on life and the blessing we do have. Im so thankful for the knowledge I have of the gospel and know that Grandma is in a better place, and eating all the chocolate cake she wants:) (she was diabetic) I have a wonderful family, that I couldn't love more. Im so thankful for all of you! If there is one thing that I will carry on from my Grandma it will be her famous saying "Oh Shit!" Those were her favorite two words. Love you Grams....

3 comments:

Amber said...

that was a really nice post Rach. I love ya and i'll keep your fam in my prayers. Sorry for your loss, she was a cute little lady:)
xoxo

Tiffani said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma. She must have been a pretty amazing grandma to have such an awsome granddaughter. Thinking of you!

Wright Life said...

Rach, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. It's always hard lose someone. I loved your post, she seamed like a fun grandma.