12.02.2011

Today was a day I hope I will never have to repeat. Molly and I were doing our usual Friday morning things which consist of cleaning the house, lounging, laundry, and just playing. I started to vacuum and Molly was sitting on the couch watching Toy Story. As I got closer to the couch Molly got up on all fours and said, "momma vacuum." The next thing I knew she was on the floor screaming. I picked her up and her whole entire face was BLOOD.... I wanted to die it scared me sooo bad. I noticed it all coming out of her head. I went into panic mode and I started to cry. The blood was coming out so fast and there was so much of it. After ten minutes, a half bag of wipes, and lots of blood later I managed to gather myself and her and head to the doctors office. Sure enough my worst fear, she needed stitches or staples. I said no way on the staples and she ended up with 3 stitches in her pretty little head. She did fairly well, I was a mess when they asked me to hold her down while they stitched. I felt so bad the whole entire time and I still do! Who would have thought a vacuum could cause that much damage. She only fell about a foot, but hit the right spot. After we left the doctors office she kept pointing to her head saying "owie". I know accidents can't always be prevented I just pray I will never have to do it again with a baby. Love you Molly Jane, you were a brave little princess today!

3 comments:

Burns Family said...

That makes me want to cry, I hate when your baby is hurt and there is nothing you can do to help them. Hope she gets better fast!

Leishman Family said...

Awww... poor thing, and you too, sorry you both had to go through that. It makes me hurt thinking about it. Its a horrible feeling when you see your kids get hurt, you hurt too! Glad she is ok!

The Johnson Journey said...

ohhhh, that makes me sad! don't feel like it's your fault. :) you're a good mamma.