8.24.2009

First Day of School

Today was a great day..The first day of school
Students : "Teacher teacher teacher!
I need to go potty!
I don't get it!
My mom said.....
When is lunch?
When is it recess?
Can we go home yet?
I love you Mrs. Cook!"
Mrs. Cook : " My name is Mrs. Cook, not teacher"
The bathroom is down the hall
Please sit down
Raise your hand if you would like to say something
If you need my attention raise your hand, please don't shout out!
Lunch is in 2 hours
Lunch is in an hour and a half
Recess is in an hour
Recess is in 30 min
Recess is in 5 min
You get to go home at the end of the day
I love you too!"
The first week of school is always a little crazy, getting the students used to all the rules, procedures and just being back to school all day. But it is all worth it, at the end of the day when they are still able to say I love you Mrs. Cook, I get excited for the next day and can't wait to see what questions they have and what things they have to tell me. Honestly, what other job can you be silly, corny, and goofy and get paid for it? It's going to be a great year!

4 comments:

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

you are adorable rach. i wish i had your patience!

Burns Family said...

haha that's so cute...I love you too Mrs. Cook :) let's play soon!!!

McCall said...

how adorable! i bet your kids love you! i think it takes a special person to be dealing with 25 five and six year olds all day! very impressive.

www.scottmccallrandall.blogspot.com
*but email me so that i can add your email to my private list.
mccallrandall@gmail.com

The McEwans said...

So sweet! I love that age. I wish one of my kids could have you as a teacher.